Hamilton Street Corridor
Safety Improvement Project from Desmet to North Foothills
This project is designed to make long-desired safety and traffic flow improvements at six intersections, including the addition of dedicated left turn signals. Substantially completed date, June 9, 2021.
Additional Improvement Projects for the Hamilton Corridor in 2021
The City will coordinate the following additional improvement projects in 2021:
- Street Department Grind and Overlay: Hamilton Street from Desmet to North Foothills. The Street Department will resurface Hamilton Street. Lane reductions will occur during the work. Work is expected to take two months.
- Project 2020042 2021 Street Maintenance Curb Ramps. When the City implements a grind and overlay project, it is required to upgrade curb ramps to meet ADA requirements. ADA-compliant ramps will be installed at all intersections between Desmet and North Foothills that have not been previously upgraded. Work will be completed prior to the grind and overlay. There will be minimal, localized traffic obstructions. Work is expected to take two months.
- Project 2018143 2021 Spokane Street Preservation North Phase 2. The City will chip seal Nevada from Francis to North Foothills. Lane reductions will occur during the work. Work is expected to take one month.
Here's What Happened in 2020
- The Hamilton intersection at Mission now has protected left-turn signals (arrows) for all four directions at the intersection.
- The Hamilton intersections at Sharp and Illinois now have protected left-turn signals for traffic traveling north and south on Hamilton. Traffic turning left onto Hamilton from these streets will yield to through traffic.
- The Hamilton intersection at Desmet has been upgraded to include a full traffic signal. Protected left-turn signals have been added for traffic traveling north and south on Hamilton. Traffic turning left onto Hamilton will yield to through traffic.
The following project is a Washington State Department of Transportation Project (WSDOT) project.
- SR 290 Spokane River East Trent Bridge: Replacement of Trent Bridge. More info