Victim Information

The Office of the Spokane City Prosecuting Attorney considers meeting the needs of crime victims in our community a priority. Please have the police report/incident number or criminal case number available when you contact our office so we can effectively assist you in obtaining information about your case. If you do not have a report number the staff member will need to collect certain information including: a date, time, location, and type of crime, whether you know the defendant's name, and whether or not you called the police or had any police contact after the crime was committed. Researching information about a case without the case number may cause a delay in locating the correct file and require a staff member or attorney to have to respond to your inquiry via a return call at a later time.

If you have medical expenses resulting from a crime, Crime Victims Compensation may cover expenses not covered by your insurance company which would include deductibles and copays. See the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries' Help for Crime Victims page.

If a defendant is found guilty, he or she could be ordered to pay restitution to you and/or your insurance company. Restitution is ordered for out of pocket expenses directly related to the crime. If you would like to seek compensation for pain and suffering, you may wish to contact a private attorney.

A protection order is an order that prohibits a person from contacting you. There are several kinds of protection orders, including an Order for Protection (for domestic violence cases,) No Contact Order, Restraining Order, and Anti-Harassment Order. You can apply for a protection order at the Superior Court Clerk's Office online or by phone at 509.477.3688 or the District Court online or by phone at 509.477.2953. If you are the victim of Domestic Violence, you can contact the victim advocates at 509.477.3656 for more information and assistance.

Victims of domestic violence may obtain more specific information on our Domestic Violence page.

You may access the Spokane County Sheriff's Office website for inmate information. For immediate notification if a defendant is released, please see the Washington Statewide Victim Information & Notification Service (VINE) website or call 1.877.846.3492.

Witness Information

As a witness to the events surrounding one of our cases, you are critical to the success of efforts to keep our community safe and hold those who violate the law accountable for their actions. We make every effort to provide every witness with the information and support they need to have a positive experience in the criminal justice system.

If you have questions about a subpoena or witness notification that you have received please contact our office at the phone number or address on our webpage. Please have the case number available so we can assist you.

Victim and Witness Rights

RCW 7.69.030 details the rights of crime victims, survivors and witnesses.

Contact Information

Office of the City Prosecuting Attorney
909 West Mallon Avenue
Spokane, Washington 99201

Phone: 509.835.5988
Fax: 509.835.5927

Prosecutor's Office hours:
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Police Records Request

As a courtesy, the City Prosecutor's office will provide Police Records to private defense attorneys and pro se defendants only by utilizing the online submission process link below. This is not a request for discovery. If you wish to receive discovery (i.e., body camera footage, pictures, 911 tapes, etc.), please file a formal discovery demand and serve it on our office per CrRLJ 4.7 and 8.4. If you are a victim, witness or otherwise associated with the case and want to obtain records, you must file a Public Records Request with the City of Spokane. Information on Public Records can be located at Spokane Washington Public Records Request Center.