What is the Community Assembly
The Community Assembly is a coalition of independent Neighborhood Councils and serves as a forum for discussion of issues of broad interest. Each Neighborhood Council selects one representative and a designated alternate to serve on the Community Assembly. Representatives are expected to represent the interests of their respective Neighborhood Council.
- Review and recommend an action, policy, or plan to the city council neighborhood committee, the City and any City agency, commission, or board on any matter affecting the city.
- Support and promote citizen participation and neighborhood enhancement.
- Promote and facilitate open communication between the City and neighborhood councils and provide the primary means of communication between individual neighborhood councils.
- Support and assist, as requested, individual neighborhood councils in becoming recognized and in performing their functions and responsibilities.
- Serve as an information resource to neighborhood councils.
Community Assembly Policies and Procedures
Download our Policies and Procedures (PDF 807 KB).
Download the Representative Handbook – revised May 2016 (PDF 3.7 MB).
Community Assembly meets on the first Thursday of every month at 5:30 p.m. Meetings are held at West Central Community Center, Newton Room, 1603 N Belt St.
Community Assembly Representatives
To find out your neighborhood representative, please view the Neighborhood Council page and click on your neighborhood council name.
Community Assembly Liaisons
- Liaison Committee Policies and Procedures (PDF 95 KB)
- Community, Housing and Human Services (CHHS): Melody Dunn, 509.368.4772, email@example.com
- Design Review Board: Kathy Lang, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plan Commission: Mary Winkes, email@example.com
Urban Forestry Citizens Advisory Committee: Karen Carlberg, 509.624.6989, firstname.lastname@example.org & David Obbie, 509.319.9845, email@example.com
- Plan Commission Transportation Advisory Committee (PeTT): Charles Hansen, 509.487.8462, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Board (PeTT): Randy McGlenn, 509.340.0286, email@example.com