What is the Community Assembly
The Community Assembly is a coalition of independent Neighborhood Councils and serves as a forum for discussion of issues of broad interest. Each Neighborhood Council selects one representative and a designated alternate to serve on the Community Assembly. Representatives are expected to represent the interests of their respective Neighborhood Council.
- Review and recommend an action, policy, or plan to the city council neighborhood committee, the City and any City agency, commission, or board on any matter affecting the city.
- Support and promote citizen participation and neighborhood enhancement.
- Promote and facilitate open communication between the City and neighborhood councils and provide the primary means of communication between individual neighborhood councils.
- Support and assist, as requested, individual neighborhood councils in becoming recognized and in performing their functions and responsibilities.
- Serve as an information resource to neighborhood councils.
Community Assembly Policies and Procedures
Download our Policies and Procedures (PDF 1.2 MB).
Download the Representative Handbook - revised May 2016 (PDF 3.7 MB).
Community Assembly meets on the first Thursday of every month at 5:30pm. Meetings are held at the West Central Community Center, 1603 N. Belt.
Community Assembly Representatives
To find out your neighborhood representative, please view the Neighborhood Council page and click on your neighborhood council name.
Community Assembly Liaisons
- Liaison Committee Policies & Procedures (PDF 25 KB)
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Board (PeTT): Randy McGlenn, 509.953.7500, email@example.com
- Community, Housing & Human Services (CHHS): Fran Papenleur, 509.326.2502, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design Review Board: Kathy Lang, email@example.com
- Plan Commission: Gregg Francis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban Forestry Citizens Advisory Committee: Carol Bryan, 509.466.1390, email@example.com
Karen Carlberg, 509.624.6989, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plan Commission Transportation Advisory Committee (PeTT): Charles Hansen, 509.487.8462, email@example.com
CA Equipment Check Out System
All CA Equipment will be stored at the Northeast Community Center (NECC). The NECC will oversee the checkout and check-in of all Equipment.
To reserve equipment, please contact Rosel:
Phone: 509.487.1603 ext. 204
Items of Interest
Accepting Applications for CA Liaison
The application period for the CA Liaison to the CHHS Board is now open, applications will be accepted until October 19, 2018, 5:00 p.m. Application materials are included: