What is the Community Assembly
Community Assembly meetings are hosted on digital platforms until officials have deemed it safe to gather again. If you are interested in virtually attending, contact the Office of Neighborhood Services: Neigh.Svcs@spokanecity.org.
The Community Assembly is a coalition of independent Neighborhood Councils and serves as a forum for discussion of issues of broad interest. Each Neighborhood Council selects one representative and a designated alternate to serve on the Community Assembly. Representatives are expected to represent the interests of their respective Neighborhood Council.
- Review and recommend an action, policy, or plan to the city council neighborhood committee, the City and any City agency, commission, or board on any matter affecting the city.
- Support and promote citizen participation and neighborhood enhancement.
- Promote and facilitate open communication between the City and neighborhood councils and provide the primary means of communication between individual neighborhood councils.
- Support and assist, as requested, individual neighborhood councils in becoming recognized and in performing their functions and responsibilities.
- Serve as an information resource to neighborhood councils.
Community Assembly Policies and Procedures
Download our Policies and Procedures (PDF 1.2 MB).
Download the Representative Handbook – revised May 2016 (PDF 3.7 MB).
Community Assembly meets on the first Thursday of every month at 5:30 p.m. Meetings are held virtually on Webex, calendar and link.
Community Assembly Representatives
To find out your neighborhood representative, please view the Neighborhood Council page and click on your neighborhood council name.
Community Assembly Liaisons
- Liaison Committee Policies and Procedures (PDF 107 KB)
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Board (CTAB): Randy McGlenn, 509.340.0286, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community, Housing and Human Services Board(CHHS): Kathryn Alexander, email@example.com
- Design Review Board: Vacant
- Housing Acton Subcommittee (HAC): Kathryn Alexander, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parks Development and Volunteer Committee (DVC): Julie Biggerstaff, email@example.com
- Parks Development and Volunteer Citizen Advisory Committee (DV-CAC): Lindsey Shaw, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parks Urban Forestry Citizen Advisory Committee (UF-CAC): Toni Sharkey, email@example.com; Kris Neely: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plan Commission (PC): Mary Winkes, email@example.com
- Plan Commission Transportation Subcommittee (PCTS): Charles Hansen, 509.487.8462, Charles_hansen@prodigy.net