Spokane Police Department is hiring! Laterals and entry level officers
Kathleen Myers, Special Projects Coordinator, Civil Service, 509.625.6169
Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 10:31 a.m.
The Spokane Police Department (SPD) is currently recruiting for Police Officers and Lateral Police Officers!
A career with SPD not only provides excellent benefits but also makes a significant impact on the communities we serve. If serving your community and making a difference sounds like a career for you, apply today!
- Meet all Open Requirements listed below.
- Sign up with Public Safety Testing (PST), take and pass the written examination for Police Officers.
- Take and pass the Physical Ability Test for Police Officers.
- Complete and submit an application with the City of Spokane Civil Service Office.
- Completion of the Personal History Statement from PST.
- Completion credit history check, criminal and traffic records check, employment verification, pass employer reference checks and personal reference checks.
- Oral Board interview.
- Interview with Background investigator.
- Conditional Offer of Employment.
- Background investigation.
- Medical screening.
- Psychological testing.
- Review by Chief of Police.
- Attend and pass the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission’s Basic Law Enforcement Academy right here in Spokane!
- Education: Applicants must have completed 45 quarter or 30 semester credit hours of coursework from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of C or 2.0, which includes at least 5 quarter or 3 semester credit hours of college English.
- Licenses & Certifications: Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Medical: Applicants must be certified by the Police Physician as physically fit to perform the prescribed duties.
- Other: Applicants must be U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.
- $48,587 annual starting salary with an increase to $76,921 after 5 years.
- 148 hours of paid vacation earned after your first year plus 40 hours of paid floating holidays.
- 10/40 rotating patrol schedule with 4-5 days off between work weeks and two weekends off per month!
- Up to 6% specialty pay for being assigned to SWAT, K-9, Field Training Officer, Explosive Disposal Unit, Tactical l Team, Motor Officer and Hostage Negotiation Team.
- Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for officer and their family.
- Shift Premium pay up to 2.25%.
- Education incentive pay for AA, AS, BA or BS degree up to 2%.
- Matching Deferred Compensation retirement investment up to 4%.
- Full State Retirement Pension eligibility stating at age 53.
- Paid military leave.
- Life insurance.
- Annual shift bid based on seniority.
- Tuition reimbursement for job related college courses.
- Accrued paid sick leave.
- Promotional opportunities to Detective, Corporal and Sergeant starting after 4-5 years.
- Lateral Police Officers start at $55,269-$75,418.
If you have questions about the hiring process, please reach out, we are here to help. Call or email Civil Service at, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509.625.6160.