Northwest Spokane Kitchen fire

Brian Schaeffer, Assistant Chief, 509.625.7002

Saturday, September 20, 2014 at 9:54 p.m.

Incident #: 2014048623

Date of Incident: 09/20/2014

A kitchen fire that started on the stove was quickly extinguished Saturday night, but not before it displaced one person from a north Spokane home. No one was injured.

Narrative: On Sept 20 at 6:08 p.m., the Spokane Fire Department responded to a reported kitchen fire at 3907 West Wellesley. Smoke was coming from the open front door of a single-family home when firefighters arrived. They quickly extinguished the stove top fire, which had extended into the cabinets and wall. No one was injured, and the Red Cross helped one adult occupant find a place to stay.

Cause: The cause of the fire was unattended cooking.

Damage: There was fire damage to the kitchen stove top, cabinets and wall along with smoke damage throughout the single-family home.

# Firefighters Responding: 21

Dollar Loss: $5000

Other Agencies Responding: Spokane Police Dept for traffic control and the Red Cross for shelter needs.