Firefighter Injured At South Hill House Fire

Tour Commander, 509.625.7100

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 12:41 p.m.

At approximately 1:15 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 18, the Spokane Fire Department (SFD) received a 911 call for a residential structure fire on Spokane's South Hill. The occupant was returning home and found a fire in the ceiling of his bathroom. SFD companies arrived within five minutes of the transmission of the alarm and found smoke showing from the eaves of the home. The resident and his dog were already out of the house when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters successfully extinguished the flames within minutes after arrival. The home and contents are valued at over $300,000. The SFD limited the damage to an estimated $25,000. 

The nature of the fire is accidental and the cause of the fire is electrical. A firefighter suffered a minor injury to his ankle at this fire. He was treated and released from Sacred Heart Medical Center.