Kids in Crisis Toy Drive
Pradeep Hatcher, Public Information Assistant, No Phone Number Available
Monday, April 18, 2016 at 4:08 p.m.
As Spokane Gives Month continues, the City and Spokane County are teaming up for the Kids in Crisis Toy Drive. The Toy Drive will benefit children caught in domestic violence situations.
City and County employees will be collecting toys for children April 23-29, and the toys will be distributed to local kids in May. Local law enforcement officers will keep some of the toys in their patrol cars, and the rest will be given to the YWCA’s new toy room and the Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery.
If you’d like to get involved, feel free to drop off new toys in Toy Drive bins at any of these collection locations:
- City Hall (808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd.), open M-F from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Spokane C.O.P.S. Neva-Wood (4705 N. Addison, 625.3353), open M-F from 10 a.m. 3 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- C.O.P.S. Northwest (2215 W. Wellesley at the Shadle Center, 625-3336), open M-F from 9am-5pm
- C.O.P.S. Northeast (5208 N. Market, 625.3343) open M-F from 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Spokane County Public Works Building (1026 W. Broadway Ave.), open M-F from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We’re asking for asking for toys that would be great for indoor and outdoor summer activities:
- Hula Hoops
- Jump Ropes
- Coloring Books
- Rubber Balls
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Lawn Games
Donations of toys that any child can play with, (from newborns to 6-year-olds), are also greatly appreciated for use at Vanessa Behan.