Golf customer update: 05.28.2020
Mark Poirier, PGA, Golf Manager, 509.625.4653
Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 5:12 p.m.
Updated July 1, 2020
Governor Inslee announced updates to COVID-19 operations for golf courses in our state under Phase 2 of the Safe Start plan. Here are the changes you’ll see:
- Foursomes: We are happy to announce that foursomes will be allowed to play.
- Masks: Masks or facial coverings are required in any public indoor setting, and outdoor areas where social distancing of 6 feet apart isn't possible.
- Practice facilities: If you would like to sharpen up your golf game, visit our wonderful practice facilities, you can now do so, without having a tee time. There will be 10 feet between driving range participants.
- Tee times and payment: please call the course or book your tee time online. Cards will be accepted; no cash please. Plastic “sneeze guard” barriers will be placed at each terminal.
- Leave the stick: for the time being, we are leaving the flagstick in the green. This is a USGA-approved tactic to limit touch points.
- Cup liners: we'll have cup liners in place to prevent people from reaching in to retrieve their ball.
- No rakes: We're removing rakes, again, to limit touch points.
- Garbage: All trash receptacles will be returned to the playing grounds for your convenience.
- Increased cleaning: High-touched areas, restrooms, range balls, and carts cleaned frequently.
- Food and beverage: All restaurants are now open for dine-in and take-out in accordance with Phase 2 restaurant guidance.
- Six foot rule: And of course, please keep at least 6’ between you and those outside your household.
- Golf Tournaments: Golf Tournaments may resume with protocols in place to ensure no large gatherings. The tournament must be conducted via normal tee times. Shotgun starts are prohibited.
Thank you again for your role in supporting the health of our community We ask that participants please not attend golf facilities if you experience symptoms or have been in contact with someone experiencing symptoms; our staff will do the same.
Book your tee time!
Please call the course or book your tee time online.
The Creek at Qualchan: 448-9317
Indian Canyon: 747-5353
We will continue to follow the recommendations of local and state public health experts in collaboration with the City of Spokane leadership. The health of our community is number one, and we appreciate your support of City of Spokane golf while following CDC guidelines.
See you (at a distance) on the course!
Mark Poirier, PGA
City of Spokane