General Park Rules
Violation of park rule is a misdemeanor SMC 10.10.040
- The parks are closed from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., except for Riverfront Park which closes at 12:00 midnight.
- No public address or loudspeakers systems or other electronic audio devices are allowed without written permission.
- No baseball, football, or other ball games to be played on park drives, boulevards, or pathways.
- No golfing or driving of golf balls allowed in the park.
- Animals must be on a leash. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their animal.
- No possession or consumption of liquor is allowed in the parks.
- No weapon of any kind is allowed in the park, except for the possession of firearms consistent with and pursuant to state law. No discharge of any projectile from any weapon or device is allowed in the park.
- No fireworks may be discharged in the parks.
- No watercraft of any size is allowed in or on water in or bordering the park.
- No overnight camping allowed in the park.
- If a fee is required for an activity, no person may enter without paying the fee.
- No fires allowed except in designated fireplaces and park supplied barbeque pits.
- No motorized vehicles on the grass or pathways. Vehicle parking allowed in designated areas.
- Do not disturb any living thing in the park.
- No cutting of trees or shrubs in the park.
- No panhandling or solicitation of donations.
- No digging holes or disrupting existing land forms or rocks.
- Swimming pools, wading pools, softball diamonds, and basketball courts may only be used during hours designated by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- No vending without a permit.
- 15-mile per hour speed limit.
- No littering or dumping of any household or yard material or substances in a park.