2013/2014 Comprehensive Plan Amendment Cycle
View Proposed Comprehensive Plan Amendment Locations Map (PDF 5.6 MB)
The City of Spokane accepted applications for this annual Comprehensive Plan Amendment Cycle up until October 31, 2013, per SMC 17G.020.010. Two applications were been submitted for land use plan map changes. A general timeline as well as application information and documents for each are below.
- December 2013 Applications were reviewed by City Departments and Interested Agencies
- Notice of Application on April 14, 2014
- Public Comment period from April 14, 2014 to June 12, 2014
- Notice of Public Hearing and SEPA Determination on June 24, 2014
- Plan Commission Public Hearing was held July 9, 2014 at 3 p.m. The Plan Commission recommended approval of both applications; this recommendation will be forwarded to City Council.
- City Council Public Hearing was held on September 29, 2014. The HD3 Investments proposal (Z1300068COMP) was approved. The R Properties proposal was remanded to Plan Commission for further consideration.
- On October 8, 2014, the Plan Commission considered the matter as a result of the remand and requested the ordinance be returned with no change to the City Council for action.
- November 17, 2014 City Council held a second Public Hearing for the application from R Properties (Z1300068COMP aka ORD 35156). The City Council approved this ordinance.
Comprehensive Plan Land Use Amendment Applications
Written comments should be mailed, delivered, or emailed to:
Planning & Development Services
Attn: Tirrell Black
808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99201-3329