Current Vacancies

Give back to the Spokane community by joining a volunteer Board, Commission, or Committee! The following Boards and Commissions are currently accepting applications to fill current or upcoming vacancies. Please submit completed applications (PDF 89 KB) to the Mayor's office by emailing them directly to You may also mail applications or turn them in at the MySpokane Customer Service counter at City Hall; 808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd., Spokane, WA 99201.

All applicants to City boards, commissions or committees must be residents of the City of Spokane, unless the provision establishing the requirement for the appointment specifically permits or requires the appointment of a nonresident. Not sure if you live within City limits or would like to verify which Council district you live in? Check here.

Most appointees to City boards, commissions, and committees are nominated by the Mayor and require confirmation by a vote of the City Council.

For more information, view the Spokane Municipal Code Section Section 04.01.030 and select the specific board that interests you.

If you have any further questions, contact the Office of the Mayor at 509.625.6250.

Citizen's Transportation Advisory Board (CTAB) (SMC 08.16)
The Citizen’s Transportation Advisory Committee is currently accepting applications for multiple positions due to a recent Board expansion. The CTAB makes recommendations to the City Council  for transportation projects under consideration for TBD funding. More specifically, CTAB volunteers will review projects identified for consideration

The individuals selected for these positions may serve staggered terms to accommodate the number of new positions. The positions will remain open until filled.

Applicants for this Board should submit applications directly to City Council Office – Attn: TBD Administrator, Shauna Harshman

Human Rights Commission (SMC 04.10)
The Spokane Human Rights Commission is currently accepting applications to fill one at-large vacancy. The Human Rights Commission advises and makes recommendations to the City Council regarding issues related to human rights and unjust discrimination and the implementation of programs consistent with the needs of all residents of the City of Spokane. The position will remain open until filled.

Plan Commission (SMC 04.12)
The Spokane Plan Commission is currently accepting applications to fill two vacancies. The Plan Commission provides advice and makes recommendations on broad planning goals and policies and other matters as requested by the City Council. The positions will remain open until filled.

Salary Review Commission (SMC 02.05)
The Salary Review Commission is currently accepting applications for two vacancies to serve a four year term. The Salary Review Commission (SRC) is charged with reviewing and establishing the salaries of the Spokane Mayor, Council President, and City Council Members. The SRC is a separate, independent Commission with the goal of basing salaries on realistic standards according to the duties of the elected office to attract citizens of the highest quality to public service.

Applicants must have at least one of the following qualifications: experience in the field of personnel management, a demonstrated knowledge in the administration of compensation and benefits OR experience in finance, business management, or other related fields that demonstrate experience beneficial to the review of total compensation and establishment of salary. Positions will remain open until filled.

Related Documents


As part of your appointment, you shall, within ninety (90) days of your appointment letter, complete training regarding the Open Public Meetings Act and the Public Records Act. The training can be completed online through the Attorney General website at  You will need to review the written material under Lesson 1 regarding open government and then watch the videos under Lesson 2, regarding Public Records Act training, and Lesson 3, regarding the Open Public Meeting Act training. Once you have completed the training, you can upload the attached certificate of training and file the certificate with the City Clerk’s Office. You may contact the City Clerk’s Office at 625-6350 if you have any questions.