Community Resources and Services
Community, Housing, and Human Services (CHHS) is providing regular department updates to keep City of Spokane leadership, staff, stakeholders, partners, providers, and community members informed on operations, staffing, planning, communication and other efforts. Updates include:
The City of Spokane's Community, Housing & Human Services Department partners with area social services agencies rather than providing direct service to clients. Our primary function is administering the funds that the city receives from the federal, state and local governments to address homelessness.
The following links will connect you to agencies that provide direct customer service:
- Community Indicators Initiative of Spokane - EWU website details the data about our community
- Data Resources - Human Services Data Mapping
- HUD Homeless Resource Exchange - One-stop shop for information and resources for providers who are assisting persons who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- National Alliance to End Homelessness - A nationwide federation of public, private, and nonprofit organizations devoted to ending homelessness
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans - resource and technical assistance center for a national network of community-based service providers and local, state and federal agencies that provide emergency and supportive housing, food, health services, job training and placement assistance, legal aid and case management support for hundreds of thousands of homeless veterans each year.
- National Coalition for the Homeless - Advocates to bring about the systemic changes necessary to prevent and end homelessness and to protect the rights of people experiencing homelessness
- Solid Ground - A resource for landlord/tenant matters
- Spokane Homeless Coalition - Information and Resources about Homeless Coalition
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness - Cabinet-level leaders, providers of homeless services, advocates, homeless and formerly homeless leaders that come together to inform and guide the District's strategies and policies for meeting the needs of individuals and families who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless in the District of Columbia
- Washington LawHelp - A guide to free civil legal services
- Washington Low Income Housing Alliance - Believes everyone should have the opportunity to live in a safe, decent, affordable home