Fire Department News Releases for January 2018

Jan. 26

Improperly installed wood stove determined to be the cause of Hillyard

12:38 p.m. - At 10:49 a.m., the Spokane Fire Department (SFD) was dispatched to a possible chimney fire in the 1600 block of E. Walton Ave.

Jan. 22

No injuries reported in vacant house fire

12:25 p.m. - Just after 6 a.m., the Spokane Fire Department responded to the 1700 E. block of Everett Ave. on a report of a residential structure fire.

Jan. 19

Residents Saved by Fire Protection System

4:11 p.m. - Residents Saved by Fire Protection System, Cause of fire determined to be accidental

Jan. 16

Child injured after fire at mobile home

10:46 a.m. - A child was injured and transported to a local area hospital after a fire at a mobile home.

Jan. 15

Two injured after late night motorhome fire

6:55 a.m. - Two adults were injured and transported to local area hospitals for further treatment after a motorhome fire.

Jan. 11

Hillyard garage fire under investigation

10:14 a.m. - A fire at a vacant garage remains under investigation by the Spokane Fire Department’s Special Investigation Unit.