Marijuana Policy Subcommittee Summit is Thursday
Expert roundtable discussion on marijuana legalization
Jon Snyder, City Council Member, District 2, 509.625.6254
Monday, June 8, 2015 at 12:30 p.m.
The Marijuana Policy Subcommittee of the City of Spokane will be holding a summit on June 11, 2015 at 9 a.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall (808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd).
As part of the summit, Councilmember Jon Snyder will be facilitating a roundtable discussion with experts from across the globe. Participants include:
- Julio Calzada (Immediate Past Secretary General of the National Drugs Board of Uruguay
- Augusto Vitale (Direct, Institute of the Regulation and Control of Cannabis in Uruguay)
- Lewis Koski (Director, Marijuana Enforcement Division of the Colorado Dept. of Revenue)
- Jack Reed (Statistical Analyst, Marijuana Enforcement Division of the Colorado Dept. of Revenue)
- Jay C. Butler, M.D. (Chief Medical Officer and Director, Alaska Department of Health and Social Services)
- Angela Hawken, Ph.D. (Associate Professor of Public Policy, Pepperdine School of Public Policy)
- Philip Wallach, Ph.D. (Fellow in Governance Studies, Brookings Institution)
The roundtable discussion will start at 11 a.m. and end at 12:30 p.m. when the summit finishes. The summit is open to the public.