Riverfront Park Ice Palace Fun
Debby Dodson, Riverfront Park Assistant Manager, No Phone Number Available
Friday, September 19, 2014 at 3:24 p.m.
The Ice Palace has a lot to offer this winter for all ages. Don't stay at home when Spokane has a great covered outdoor ice skating rink. It's a great place for the kids to hang out, to take a date to, or to learn a trendy sport.
Here are the features and activities that make the Ice Palace a must-visit this winter:
- Most Public Skating in Spokane – The Riverfront Park Ice Palace has the most scheduled public skating hours in the area including day time and evening opportunities. The holidays also offer additional hours of operation so be sure to bring the family down. Be sure to check the website for hours of operation.
- Great skate selection – The Ice Palace has over 120 new pairs of skates to provide a wide variety of sizes from child size 6 to adult size 15. With 750 pairs of skates, we'll find a pair for you.
- Skate Lessons – Everyone ages 3 and up can learn to skate at Riverfront Park. Parent & Tot lessons, Saturday morning group lessons for children and adults or private lessons are a great option. The group lessons include skate rental and 5 free admissions. Give it a try.
- Curling – The Lilac City Curling Club hosts league play and several clinics. This popular Olympic sport is growing in popularity in Spokane.
- Groups and Private Rentals – Your business, college or church group can rent the ice for your holiday get togethers or receive a discounted rate by pre-booking with us. It's a great way to entertain all ages. It can be combined with an informal banquet room, catering or just hot chocolate.
- Birthday Parties – This is one of the best winter options for a birthday party. Starting at $125, the package includes skating for 10 guests, a personalized Ben & Jerry's ice cream cake, 2 pitchers of soda, etc. We can also add pizza.
- New Heaters & Espresso! – We are excited to announce that new heaters are installed to add to your comfort, so if you choose not to skate, you can still enjoy the activity. We have also added an espresso machine to the restaurant in addition to our other great menu selections.
The Ice Palace isn't the only thing worth checking out at Riverfront Park when the temperatures drop. Don't forget that the 1909 Looff Carrousel and SkyRide over the Falls are open during the winter. Although they are both scheduled for maintenance during this time frame, they are open during the holidays and many weekends. The Carrousel is also available for private rental and birthday parties. Call 509.625.6612 for more information.
Please call 509.625.6601 for more information.