Everybody Counts Donation Drive
Jessica Fisher, Public Information Assistant, 509.625.6749
Friday, November 16, 2018 at 12:25 p.m.
Updated November 19, 2018
Every year the City of Spokane holds an annual donation drive for those experiencing homelessness. The Everybody Counts donation drive will collect items for Spokane's most vulnerable. The donations will be distributed to local agency providers as needed and during the Point-In-Time count on Thursday, Jan. 24. The annual Point-In-Time count is a snapshot census of people experiencing certain categories of homelessness in the Spokane community. For more details about Point-In-Time results in 2018 and previous years, visit our ending homelessness website.
The Everybody Counts donation drive will start Monday, Nov. 19 and we will continue to accept donations until Monday, Jan. 14. We are accepting donations for people experiencing homelessness and their pets. Pet owners are less likely to report symptoms of depression and loneliness than those experiencing homelessness that do not own pets. This year our donation drive will include taking care of the animals in our community as well!
If you are interested in supporting the donation drive, here is a list of the most needed items:
- Adhesive bandages
- Anti-bacterial ointment
- Baby Wipes
- Denture adhesive
- Denture cleaner
- Diapers and pull-ups (newborn to adult sizes)
- Quick drying towels
- Hats and earmuffs
- Socks – wool or polyester
- Underwear (new)
- Winter clothing items (thermal long-underwear and snow pants)
- Winter coats
- Blankets (“throw” style)
- Sleeping bags
- Cell phone chargers
- Hand/foot warmers
- Neck wallets
- Pet food
- Single-serving non-perishable snacks
- Sturdy zip-up bags and backpacks
- Water bottles
We will also be collecting financial contributions via My Spokane 311; you can donate by calling 3-1-1 or in person at the My Spokane 311 desk.
Items can be dropped off at the following locations:
- City Hall – 808 W. Spokane Falls
- Kendall Yards Welcome Center - 1335 W Summit Parkway
- Spokane Public Library, Downtown – 906 W. Main Avenue
- Spokane Public Library, Shadle – 2111 W. Wellesley Avenue
- Spokane Public Library, South Hill – 3324 S. Perry Street
- Spokane County Library, Airway Heights – 1213 S. Lundstrom Street, Airway Heights, WA
- Spokane County Library, Cheney – 610 First Street, Cheney, WA
- Spokane County Library, Moran Prairie – 6004 S. Regal Street
- Spokane County Library, Spokane Valley – 12004 E. Main Avenue, Spokane Valley, WA
- EWU Cheney, Showalter Hall 115 – Showalter Hall, Cheney, WA
- EWU Riverpoint, EWU Center – 668 N. Riverpoint Boulevard
- Gonzaga University, Hemmingson Center – 702 E. Desmet Avenue
- Spokane Community College, Building 1 and 6 – 1810 N. Greene Street
- Spokane Falls Community College – 3410 W. Fort Worth Drive
- WSU Spokane, Health Science Building – 310 E. Riverpoint Boulevard
You can also contribute by buying items from our Amazon wish list! These items will be delivered directly to City Hall.
We want to thank the Spokane community for their continuous generosity. With your help we can help combat the winter chill with warmth!
Stay up to date on the Point-In-Time count and donation drive by following @SpokaneCity on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.