House fire displaces two residents and their pets

Cause determined to be accidental

AC Brian Schaeffer #509-625-7002

Friday, August 19, 2016 at 7:03 p.m.

Late Thursday afternoon, the Spokane Fire Department along with fire crews from the Spokane Valley Fire Department and Spokane County Fire District 8 were dispatched to a reported structure fire in the 800 block of S. Freya St.

Upon arrival, firefighters advised a residence was involved and the fire had spread to a shed, automobile, fence and tree. Yesterday’s increasing winds contributed to the fire spreading quickly.

One of the occupants of the home discovered the fire and received some smoke inhalation when exiting the residence. The adult female was treated on scene.

The fire caused significant damage to the home rendering the home uninhabitable. The American Red Cross assisted the two residents and their pets (2 dogs and 2 cats) with relocation.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.