Storage Outbuilding Fire Quickly Contained

Tour Commander, 509.625.7100

Monday, November 30, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.

Thursday, Nov. 26 at 6:01 p.m., Spokane Fire Department (SFD) was dispatched to a report of a structure fire in the 3100 Block of South Lamonte Street. 

The first fire company arrived in four minutes and reported a completely engulfed outbuilding used for storage behind the Heritage Haven Adult Family Home. The extreme heat from the fire was threatening a nearby garage and overhead power lines. Firefighters extinguished the fire in minutes and successfully contained the fire to the structure of origin. The fire's nature is accidental, and the fire's cause resulted from discarded wood-burning fireplace ashes.