South Hill Electrical Fire

Tour Commander, 509.625.7100

Monday, November 8, 2021 at 4:02 p.m.

The Spokane Fire Department (SFD) was dispatched yesterday evening at 9:50 PM to the area of 2300 Block of South Rebecca Street to the report of a residence on fire.  

The first company arrived within six minutes and reported smoke showing from the side of the home and along the roofline. The incident was upgraded to a working fire, and subsequent arriving companies were immediately put to work locating and controlling the fire. The quick work by both SFD and Fire District 8 confined the damage to just a wall and areas in the attic.

The consequences of this incident resulted in the displacement of two residents as well as two pets. The Greater Inland Red Cross is assisting the occupants.

Media Please Note: 

SFD reminds our community that electrical work should be done only by professionals. Contact a qualified professional if you have recurring problems with blowing fuses, tripping circuit breakers, experience a tingling feeling when you touch an electric appliance, or have flickering lights. Major appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dryers, window air conditioning units, etc.) should never be plugged into an extension cord--always plug them directly into a wall outlet.