Public Safety Positions
Information for Firefighter (Entry Level)
Minimum qualifications for this position are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No previous experience necessary
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Successfully completed Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) training and be eligible for EMT certification at the time of interview (Applicants are not required to have EMT training or possess certification at the time of application or examination)
- Minimum medical and health standards for this classification are established by state laws. All successful candidates who have been offered a position will be required to pass the necessary examination prior to appointment
- Read the Memorandum of Understanding regarding use of tobacco (PDF 231 KB)
Information for Police Officer Applicants
For more information on the minimum qualifications for Police Officer, read the recruitment handouts below. Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Spokane.
Make a Difference – Become a Police Officer!