Warming shelters open across Spokane
Locations allow residents to escape from the cold
Julie Happy, 509.625.7773, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 4:55 p.m.
As power outages and storm debris cleanup continues, several shelters are open in Spokane to help people looking for a warm place to stay Wednesday night.
Here is a list of shelters open:
- Red Cross – Three locations: 1404 N. Ash St., Spokane, WA; 15618 E Broadway Ave., Spokane Valley, WA; and 204 4th Street St., Cheney, WA
- Salvation Army (222 E. Indiana) – Serves men and women; Opens at 6 p.m. This location does not have power but will be safe.
- HOPE House (111 W. 3rd Ave) – Operated by Volunteers of America; serves single women
- Crosswalk (525 W. 2nd Ave) – Operated by Volunteers of America; serves children under the age of 18
- House of Charity (32 W. Pacific Ave) – Operated by Catholic Charities; serves men and women – no children.
For additional resources and information following Tuesday’s storm, visit SpokaneCity.org.