There are roughly 37,000 parking spots in downtown Spokane. 3,200 or about 15% are on‑street and the City of Spokane manages these. The other 85% of parking stalls are located off‑street in lots and garages, and are managed independently.
Parking spots that are in the heart of downtown cost more than spots on the perimeter of Spokane's meter boundary.
Paid Parking Hours are:
Rates are set in the Spokane Municipal Code, Section 08.02.083D.
* If the above holiday falls on a Sunday, the immediately following Monday is an observed holiday.
If you do not recognize a charge on your credit or debit card and believe someone is using your card number to pay for parking, please contact the credit card company or bank who issued the card, and notify them of fraudulent activity.
If a meter is bagged, it is reserved, and you should not park in that spot unless it is your bag. If you are unable to pay a meter or kiosk you should not park in that spot. We would also appreciate knowing there is a problem with a meter or kiosk if you have time to report it, so we can fix the issue.
The City does not refund cash lost in payment devices due to the inability to verify the time, date or legitimacy of coin used to pay for parking.
Wait for the charges to go from "Processing" to "Completed" or "Settled". Once the multiple charges have gone through, contact 3‑1‑1 and they will walk you through the next steps. Please Note: The City CANNOT refund any charges that have not completed processing.
The maximum timestay of the meter is the longest amount of time you are allowed to park at that meter (2, 4, or all day) before you have to move your car. Feeding the meter past the maximum timestay even with a different form of payment is a violation of the Spokane Municipal Code. If you are caught feeding the meter, you may receive a citation.
The Spokane Municipal Code, Section 16A.61.561B, states once you have stayed the maximum time allowed by the meter, you must move your vehicle off the block face. A block face is one side of a block between road intersections. Pulling into a stall on the same block face could result in a ciation.
There is no charge for parking with a valid disabled plate or placard; however, there is a time limit for how long the vehicle can park.
Free disabled parking is limited to 4 hours at 2 hour and 4 hour meters; otherwise there is no time limit at the meters.
No. Disabled veteran plates do not have the same qualifications for issuance as disabled placards or plates. You must have a disabled placard, plate, or registration tab sticker in order to park for free at a parking payment device or in a marked disabled space.
The Downtown Spokane Partnership has a map of parking lots and rates.