Parking Tickets

Once a parking ticket is issued there are several ways to respond. Response is required within 30 days from the date the ticket was issued.

A failure to timely respond, appear at a requested hearing, pay or enter into a payment plan will result in an additional penalty of $25, the loss of the right to a hearing, and may result in the non-renewal of the vehicle registration until any penalties have been satisfied. Unpaid penalties may be assigned to a collection agency, including garnishment of wages or other assets.

Parking ticket fines for parking violations are found in the Spokane Municipal Code. Once a ticket is issued, it is filed with Spokane Municipal Court.

Paying a Parking Ticket


A parking ticket can be paid online using a Visa or Mastercard. Tickets that have been sent to collections cannot be paid through the City website.


Spokane Municipal Court/Parking Violations
Public Safety Building
1100 W Mallon Ave
Spokane, WA 99260
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday, Excluding Holidays)


If mailing a payment use the envelope provided. Checks or money orders should be payable to Parking Violations and reference the ticket number. A returned check or money order will be regarded as an untimely response. Do not mail cash.

Payment Plan

Contact Spokane Municipal Court at 509.625.4409 to ask for information on payment plans and submitting evidence of current inability to pay in full.

Contest or Mitigate a Parking Ticket


To contest or challenge a ticket request a hearing.


You committed the parking violation but want to explain the circumstances and ask for a reduced penalty.


Spokane Municipal Court refers unpaid tickets to the Court's contracted collection agency. Once a ticket is referred to collections, additional fees will apply and all contact regarding the ticket, including payment is handed by the collection agency. Amounts in collections cannot be paid through the City's website.

Valley Empire
8817 E Mission Ave
Suite 101
Spokane Valley, WA 99212
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday)

Scofflaw List

Vehicles with four or more unpaid parking tickets are put on a “scofflaw list” and charged a $25 administrative fee. When Parking Enforcement Specialists patrol and find a vehicle on the scofflaw list, they will immobilize or tow and impound the vehicle and place a notice on the vehicle.

At four tickets a vehicle may have an immobilization device placed on it. Once immobilized, unless tickets and fees are paid within 48 hours, the vehicle will be impounded. If a vehicle has eight tickets on the scofflaw list the vehicle may be towed and impounded immediately. If immobilized a $50 administrative fee is charged.

Impounded vehicles are subject to additional penalties applied by the impound company. After 15 days in impound, vehicles may be auctioned.

Other Questions

I received a parking ticket and lost it or misplaced my ticket. What should I do?

Call Spokane Municipal Court at 509.625.4409 or check the online portal to see if the ticket can be paid online.

Is a parking ticket a criminal offense?

No, parking tickets are civil Infractions not criminal. They are violations that have a fine or penalty amount but are not punishable by imprisonment.

Do parking tickets go on my driving record?

No, parking tickets do not impact a person's driving record.

Do parking tickets impact vehicle tab renewal?

Yes, two or more unpaid parking tickets in the State of Washington can impact the renewal of vehicle registrations and getting tabs. Unpaid tickets are reported to the Washington State Department of Licensing who may prevent the renewal of vehicle tabs.

Vehicle was sold, but ticket was issued to the seller after the date of sale.

In Washington State, the registered owner of a vehicle is presumed to be responsible for parking tickets issued to the vehicle. If the buyer does not register the vehicle in their name, it remains registered to the seller. If a completed report of sale was submitted to the Department of Licensing and a parking ticket was issued after the date of sale, contact Municipal Court at 509-625-4409. You may be asked to provide a copy of the seller's report.

Contact Us

Have a question about parking? Call 311, or for outside city limits, 509.755.CITY (2489).