Pre-season Lap Swim, Swim Lesson Update 2021
Parks & Recreation: 311 or 509.755.2489
Monday, May 3, 2021 at 2:21 p.m.
Pre-season Lap Swim 2021
- Pre-season begins Monday, May 10 at Witter aquatic center only.
- Pre-season hours are 11 A.M. – 2:30 P.M., open Mondays – Fridays
- Reserve your spot starting Monday, May 3 – details below.
- Shadle and Comstock will open for lap swim on June 21, and hours at Witter will shift on that date as regular season begins. Schedules will be shared in our Summer Activity Guide and at www.SpokaneRec.org.
- Lap swimming will have a fee this year, for the first time in a while.
- We’ll charge $6 for each lap swim session.
- This will guarantee you a spot, and help us cover pool operational costs, at a time when revenues from Recreation programs that traditionally cover aquatic costs are down significantly. Thank you for understanding.
COVID-19 State Guidelines
With COVID-19 state guidelines, things will look a little different.
- Reservations are required. Capacity is reduced under COVID requirements, and this will help ensure you know you’ll have a lane to swim in when you show up.
- Reservations will be good for a one-hour session.
- Reservations will open up on Monday for the following week. For example, reservations will open Monday, May 3 for the week of Monday, May 10 – Friday, May 14.
- Reservations will be online ONLY at www.SpokaneRec.org. Click the “Adult Lap Swim Reservations” tab. Reservations will not be available in person at the pools. If you have any trouble online, please call our City help desk at 509-755-2489.
- Masks are required in the aquatic center, everywhere except when you’re in the pool.
- Please physically distance.
Swim Lesson Registration 2021
Swim lesson registration is now open at www.SpokaneRec.org under the Aquatics Program tab.
COVID-19 State Guidelines
- With COVID-19 state guidelines, things will look a little different.
- Masks will be required in the aquatic center, everywhere except when in the pool.
- Swim instructors will wear face shields, and we ask lesson participants not to wear masks in the pools for breathing safety.
- Class sizes will be smaller, and instructors will work to maintain physical distancing when possible.
- Phases 2 and 3 have different pool capacity guidelines, and we’re ready to adjust as needed. We’ll keep you updated if there are changes to your swim lessons.
2021 Pool Season
More details about the full 2021 aquatics season will be released later in May online, and in the printed Summer Recreation Activity Guide. We anticipate pools opening for regular season in mid/late June, with modifications to capacity depending on phase status. In June we are only doing programming: swim lessons, lap swim and swim team. Open swimming will begin in early July and remain free for the community.
Thank you for being a patron of City of Spokane pools; we can’t wait to welcome you back. Please contact our City help desk (dial 311, or outside of the city, call 509-755-2489) if we can help with swim lesson registration or lap swim reservations.