Effective immediately, original applications, renewals and replacements of Concealed Pistol Licenses (CPL) can be completed online at the following link:

Please note that due to high demand, fingerprint appointments are currently booking out to 2021.

Some things to keep in mind while using our new online application system:

  • This new system accepts applications, credit/debit card payments and allows you to schedule an appointment time for fingerprinting.
  • Only credit/debit cards are accepted online. To use cash/check, you must go to the Public Safety Building (PSB).
  • When paying in cash/check, please understand that upon paying, you will then make an appointment for your fingerprints. Due to the anticipated volume we expect to receive, this fingerprint appointment time will likely be scheduled out to another day. This will result in two visits to the PSB.

Our Public Window will initially be open with limited hours, but we will expand these times and add more fingerprint appointment times once we are moved into Phase 3. Initially, our open hours will be:

Tuesday – Thursday, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm

The Spokane Police Department (SPD) and the Spokane County Sheriff's Office (SCSO) Records Division is managed in accordance with Departmental rules regulations, policies/procedures, as well as the Division's standard operating procedures to:

  • Collect, process and protect all records filed within this Division
  • Maintain accurate and complete record of reported information
  • Increase public confidence with the Spokane Police Department and Sheriff's Office by providing access to our records in a timely manner, as authorized by law
  • Promote the efficiency and effectiveness of the criminal justice system through improved coordination and cooperation from this Division

Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Office of the City Clerk and the Police Records Unit are temporarily closed to the public; and, therefore, we are unable to conduct in-person PRA business at this time. To request City of Spokane (general records and police records), please utilize the City of Spokane online Public Records portal (GovQA). It is preferred that requests be made through the online portal. In the alternative, requests for records can be emailed to or sent via U.S. mail to Office of the City Clerk, 808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd., Spokane, WA 99201-3342.

Note: The Governor’s Proclamation pertaining to the Public Records Act temporarily suspends the requirement for agencies to respond within five business days to public records requests. Due to evolving events surrounding the Coronavirus situation, we may be unable to provide requestors an initial response within five business days.

Please see the City’s Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) page to learn more about current closures and news.

To request a Spokane Police Incident/Case Report, please visit the Public Records Request Center by clicking the button below. You may also submit a request in person during regular business hours.

Spokane Valley Police or Spokane County Sheriff's reports can be requested through the County's online portal

A Records Specialist will respond to your request within 5 business days. In some cases, a requestor may be asked to provide photo ID. This is to comply with laws regarding the release of restricted information.

Public records requests are subject to the City of Spokane's fee schedule. Effective February 1, 2020, bodycam requests will be subject to a $0.39/minute redaction fee in accordance with RCW 42.56.240(14).

Hours of operation are:
Tuesdays through Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
*Concealed Pistol and Firearms Dealer License applications must be submitted by 3:30 p.m. to accommodate additional time for processing.
CLOSED on Mondays.

When mailing in your request, please use the following address:

1100 W. Mallon Ave.
Spokane, WA 99260

The Public Records Officer does not monitor social media sites or voicemail for public records requests.

For questions, please review our SPD Records Division Administrative Procedure (PDF 434 KB)

Other Resources

To request a collision report, please visit The Washington State Patrol Requests for Electronic Collision Records (WRECR) system and it will allow you to search for a collision report from a computer station with internet access and an e-mail account.

To report a collision, please visit The Washington State Patrol Online Motor Collision Reporting (OMVCR) system which allows citizens involved in a collision to complete and submit a collision report.

Request for Expungement Application (PDF 350 KB)

Crime Statistics

Requests for Digital Media for Spokane County Incidents

Contact Police

Items of Interest

Abandoned Vehicles
All abandoned vehicle reports and Junk Vehicle Verification Affidavits (Hulk Slips) are handled by My Spokane. For questions, call 311, or for outside city limits, 509.755.CITY (2489) or visit the My Spokane customer service office on the first floor of City Hall, 808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd. More information about abandoned vehicle