Spokane Police release name of officer involved in shooting incident
Jordan Ferguson, Corporal/Patrol, PIO, 509.363.8285, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 8:55 a.m.
The Spokane Police Department is releasing the name of the officer involved in the shooting incident that occurred on July 27, 2015 at 4120 N Division.
Senior Patrol Officer James Erickson- 19 SPD year veteran and is a member of the Dignitary Protection Team.
- 2002 Washington State Law Enforcement Medal of Honor and Spokane Police Department Medal of Valor for his actions in protecting a domestic violence victim and others during a call where the armed suspect returned and began shooting.
- 1999 Received the Life Saving Award for saving the life of a suicidal person who had hung himself.
- 2006 Two commendations from citizens
- 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, Commendations for his assistance in investigating and arresting robbery and stabbing suspects in several different incidents
- 2003 Commendation for investigating, and eventually locating, a person suffering from dementia.
- 2003 commendation for his verbal skills while talking to a suicidal person who was contemplating suicide.
- Previous assignments include being a member the traffic unit and a motorcycle officer and TAC Team officer
For in progress crimes and emergencies call 911
To report a non-emergent crime contact:
To provide crime activity or suspect information that doesn't require immediate action contact:
For general police email contact:
For nuisance reports, including code violations (i.e. illegal camping, substantial litter in yards or alleys, graffiti, land use violations), parking complaints, and road condition issues contact:
Media Relations Contact
Officer Steve Anderson