Spokane Police Spend Hours Looking For Armed DV Suspect

Corporal Jordan Ferguson, Patrol/PIO, 509.385.4380, mferguson@spokanepolice.org

Monday, April 18, 2016 at 2:16 a.m.

Spokane Police spent several hours around a house on the 2900 block of E. Central on a report of an armed suspect wanted for several Domestic Violence charges.

Shortly after 5:00 pm today Spokane Police received a call from a Domestic Violence victim that her boyfriend had returned to their residence. The victim had called Spokane Police on 04/16/16 reporting that she had been held hostage and assaulted by her boyfriend, Harley E McDonald, 27. Spokane Police officers responded but were unable to locate McDonald. The victim called police again around 4:00 pm because McDonald had returned. Officers returned to the scene but were unable to locate McDonald. On 04/17/16 around 5:00 the victim called and reported that McDonald was back at the house. The first officers on scene contacted the victim behind the house. She told them that McDonald was still in the house. Officers established a perimeter to contain McDonald.

The victim told officers that McDonald was armed with a 9mm pistol and he was sitting on a couch waiting to “shoot it out” with the police.

Resources from the Hostage Negotiation Team, SWAT, and the Explosives Disposal Unit were called in an effort to bring this situation to a peaceful resolution.

Negotiators spent hours trying to contact McDonald while a search warrant was obtained. Spokane Police used a chemical irritant to get McDonald to surrender.

As a last resort SWAT Team members searched the residence but were unable to locate McDonald.

The Spokane Police Domestic Violence Unit is now aggressively searching for McDonald. If anyone knows of his whereabouts call Crime Check at 456-2233.

The Spokane Police Department would like to take a moment to thank the neighborhood affected by this incident. Everything was done with the hope of bringing this to a successful conclusion by protecting the victim and the nearby residents.

Contact Police

For in progress crimes and emergencies call 911

To report a non-emergent crime contact:

To provide crime activity or suspect information that doesn't require immediate action contact:

For general police email contact:

For nuisance reports, including code violations (i.e. illegal camping, substantial litter in yards or alleys, graffiti, land use violations), parking complaints, and road condition issues contact:

Media Relations Contact

Julie Humphreys