Spokane police chief job drawing interest
Executive search firm seeking applicants nationwide
Brian Coddington, Communications Director, 509.625.6740
Monday, May 9, 2016 at 2:47 p.m.
A search for Spokane’s next police chief is drawing interest from candidates nationwide.
Strategic Government Resources, an executive recruiting firm, has received 17 applications for the job. SGR will conduct its first applicant review next week with the intent of identifying finalists for the community to meet this summer.
SGR is contacting its network of more than 30,000 law enforcement professionals. Recruitment materials have also been forwarded to Spokane Police Department employees for consideration.
Advertisements are running on job boards, industry newsletters and association sites, including:
- SGR Job Board
- ELGL Newsletter
- Association of Washington Cities
- Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs (WASPC)
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
- National Fraternal Order of Police
- Hispanic American Police Command Officers Association (HAPCOA)
- National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executive (NOBLE)
- National Association of Civilian Oversight in Law Enforcement (NACOLE)
- National Black Police Association
- National Forum for Black Public Administrators
- International Hispanic Network
- Florida City & County Management Association
- Oklahoma Association of Chiefs of Police
- Texas Police Chiefs Association
- Kentucky League of Cities
- Wyoming Association of Municipalities
The posting and application is also available at governmentresources.com and on spokanecity.org.