Jacquelyn MacConnell has been selected as the civilian director of the Spokane Police Department’s Strategic Initiatives Division, overseeing Internal Affairs and Training.

Michele Anderson, Public Safety Communications Manager

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 10 a.m.

Jacquelyn MacConnell has been selected as the civilian director of the Spokane Police Department’s Strategic Initiatives Division, overseeing Internal Affairs and Training. She will begin on Jan. 31 pending the completion of a background investigation and confirmation by the Spokane City Council in January.

MacConnell brings proven leadership and vast knowledge to the Spokane Police Department. “Jacquelyn’s extensive law enforcement experience, demonstrated ability to build relationships with diverse communities and successful implementation of innovative programs will be an enormous asset to our department and community,” says Chief Craig Meidl.

Meidl says, “In the last several years, we have made positive strides with the implementation of body cameras and ongoing reform efforts, but we have more work to do. Jacquelyn’s first-hand knowledge of the challenges law enforcement faces combined with her community engagement mindset and dedication to accountability will be a perfect fit for this position.” As a civilian director, MacConnell will provide oversight of the development and implementation of strategies to enhance police operations, accountability, and department training.

After 20 years, MacConnell honorably retired from the Phoenix Police Department, a department that employs approximately 3,000 sworn officers. She promoted through the ranks from street patrol officer to Acting Bureau Commander until her retirement in May 2014. Most recently, MacConnell served as a Commander with the Camp Verde Marshal’s Office and as an Adjunct Professor at Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff.

MacConnell holds a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership from Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff. In addition, she has received numerous professional awards from both law enforcement and community organizations including the Nobility of Policing, Hon Kachina Volunteer Award and Outstanding Contributions to Community Partnerships for Public Safety and National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives’ Outstanding Community Service Award.

Contact Police

For in progress crimes and emergencies call 911

To report a non-emergent crime contact:

To provide crime activity or suspect information that doesn't require immediate action contact:

For general police email contact:
eraspdweb@spokanepolice.org

For nuisance reports, including code violations (i.e. illegal camping, substantial litter in yards or alleys, graffiti, land use violations), parking complaints, and road condition issues contact:

Media Relations Contact

Cpl. Nick Briggs
509.835.4568
nbriggs@spokanepolice.org