SPD Recognizes Outstanding Employees at Employee Awards Ceremony
Michele Anderson, Public Safety Communications Manager
Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.
The Spokane Police Department (SPD) will recognize employees for their service to the Spokane community at the annual SPD Awards Ceremony, tonight, March 30, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. at the Spokane Fire Training Center (1618 N. Rebecca St.). Mayor Condon and Chief Meidl will deliver remarks and present the following awards at the ceremony:
- The Life-saving Award – The Lifesaving Award is given to department personnel who, by their immediate actions, have saved a human life under unusual and/or extraordinary circumstances.
- The Medal of Merit – The Medal of Merit is awarded to members of the department who distinguish themselves by meritorious achievement or meritorious service.
- Distinguished Service Medal – The Distinguished Service Medal is awarded to employees who have demonstrated outstanding sustained and exemplary performance along with diligence and devotion to duty. The performance should exceed normal demands required or expected over an extended period of time.
- The Chief’s Citation Award – This award is intended to recognize members of a team or unit for their participation in an incident, event, series of events, or a project that resulted in a substantial, positive impact on the community or department. It must be superior in nature and further the department’s mission and overall effectiveness.
- Silver Star – The Silver Star is awarded to department employees who have displayed courageous actions, which were above and beyond that which is normally expected of an employee. These acts of courage do not rise to the level of the voluntary risk of life requirements for the Medal.
- Employee of the Quarter and Employee of the Year – The Employee of the Quarter Award is given for a specific act of unusual meritorious service; a specific project of significance to the community, city, or department; or for sustained superior performance of assigned duties. From the four Employees of the Quarter, the Employee of the Year is chosen.
For in progress crimes and emergencies call 911
To report a non-emergent crime contact:
To provide crime activity or suspect information that doesn't require immediate action contact:
For general police email contact:
For nuisance reports, including code violations (i.e. illegal camping, substantial litter in yards or alleys, graffiti, land use violations), parking complaints, and road condition issues contact:
Media Relations Contact
Cpl. Nick Briggs