Online Crime Check Reporting

Julie Humphreys, Public Safety Communication Manager, 509.625.5868

Monday, August 23, 2021 at 5:34 p.m.

SPD adopts online 911 reporting for non-emergency incidents

Beginning today, Monday August 23rd, citizens will be able to make Crime Check reports online. In partnership with Spokane Regional Emergency Communications (SREC), this online option has been implemented to make it easier and more convenient for citizens to report certain non-violent crimes that are not in progress.

Online reporting allows people to submit a report at their convenience, alleviating potentially long waits on the phone with a call receiver. Those who are reporting crimes may also submit photos online rather than wait for an officer to call back for supporting photos or videos.

SREC launched online reporting for unincorporated Spokane County and the City of Spokane Valley earlier this year. Online non-emergency reporting is utilized throughout the United States and has proven to be an effective alternative to traditional reporting practices.

To file a Crime Check Report online:

1. Go to:

2. Click on Crime Check and then Online Reporting when the window pops up.

3. Scroll down and click on the Spokane Police Department badge icon.

4. Select the type of incident being reported.

5. Fill out all of the information when prompted.

6. Once completed, a temporary report case number will be provided until the report has been approved.

This service will not be monitored 24/7. Citizens who are reporting incidents that are currently in progress should contact 9-1-1 or Crime Check at (509) 456-2233 depending on the incident being reported.

Contact Police

For in progress crimes and emergencies call 911

To report a non-emergent crime contact:

To provide crime activity or suspect information that doesn't require immediate action contact:

For general police email contact:

For nuisance reports, including code violations (i.e. illegal camping, substantial litter in yards or alleys, graffiti, land use violations), parking complaints, and road condition issues contact:

Media Relations Contact

Officer Steve Anderson