Apartment unit suffers damage after cooking fire

Michele Anderson, Public Safety Communications Manager

Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 8:35 p.m.

Just after 5 p.m., the Spokane Fire Department responded to the 1900 block of N. Holy Names Ct. on a report of an uncontrolled cooking fire in a three-story apartment complex.

Upon arrival, crews located a stovetop fire that had spread to the cabinets above. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and used positive pressure fans to ventilate the smoke from the unit.

A single occupant was home at the time of the fire and attempted to use a fire extinguisher to fight the fire. Firefighters and American Medical Response (AMR) crews examined the occupant for smoke inhalation.

The American Red Cross responded to the scene to assist two adults and three children.