Dec. 18 at 3:11 p.m. - SFD responds to fatal fire at 6300 block of N. Lee Street.
Dec. 16 at 2:42 p.m. - Three people treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Dec. 15 at 7:27 p.m. - SFD Paramedics treat man with critical burns from a recreational vehicle (RV) fire explosion.
Dec. 15 at 7:24 p.m. - Spokane firefighters contain fire at the Spokane Addiction Recovery Services.
Dec. 6 at 12:16 p.m. - SFD responded to a 911 call reporting a 1-inch natural gas line inadvertently struck by construction workers near the Gonzaga University Campus.
Dec. 6 at 8:01 a.m. - The SFD recommends that CO detectors be installed on each floor of a residence and in, or just outside, each sleeping area.
Dec. 5 at 11:12 a.m. - SFD rescue was likely the most technical and challenging event faced by the team this year.
Dec. 3 at 4:58 p.m. - SFD responded to a residential structure fire in the 900 Block of West Basalt Ridge Drive in the Eagle Ridge neighborhood.
Dec. 3 at 4:57 p.m. - SFD responded to the 1600 East Block of Sinto Avenue on a report of a residential structure fire.
Dec. 2 at 9:25 a.m. - On Thanksgiving morning, SFD was dispatched to a fire in the 1100 Block of East Broad Avenue.
Nov. 18 at 2:55 p.m. - Nov. 16, around 5 a.m., SFD was dispatched to a reported structure fire in the 500 Block of South Regal.
Nov. 7 at 9:15 a.m. - The fire was reported to 911 by a passerby that observed smoke coming from the roof-line of the home.
Nov. 7 at 9:11 a.m. - The fire was reported to 911 by a passerby that observed smoke coming from the outside walls and the roofline of the home.
Nov. 7 at 8:56 a.m. - SFD was dispatched to the 5000 block of North Stevens to a report of a fully involved garage fire.
Nov. 7 at 8:50 a.m. - The Spokane Fire Department was dispatched to 9114 N. Newport Highway for a reported fire inside the cooking preparation area at Wendy's Restaurant.
Nov. 7 at 8:48 a.m. - The passerby was able to notify the residents, who were unaware of the fire, and remain on the phone with 911 until they evacuated from the house.
Oct. 30 at 5:06 p.m. - At 4:59 AM on Tuesday (10/29), the Spokane Fire Department (SFD) was dispatched to a fire in a residence in the 1900 Block of West Sharp.
Oct. 29 at 2:10 p.m. - Saturday, the Spokane Fire Department (SFD) was dispatched to a report of a fire in the kitchen at 27 East Queen.
Oct. 29 at 2:09 p.m. - Sunday morning, the Spokane Fire Department (SFD) was dispatched to a fire in a residence located in the 5300 block of North Martin Street.
Oct. 29 at 2:08 p.m. - Saturday afternoon, the Spokane Fire Department (SFD) was dispatched to a fire in a residence located in the 2100 block of West Boone Avenue.
Oct. 29 at 2:06 p.m. - Early Saturday morning, the Spokane Fire Department (SFD) was dispatched to a fire in a residence located in the 1800 block of West Augusta Avenue.
Oct. 28 at 12:24 p.m. - The Spokane Fire Department is answering an Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC) request for assistance to the State of California.
Oct. 28 at 9:49 a.m. - As families with little ghosts and goblins prepare to take to the community's streets on Halloween, SFD offers some safety reminders.
Oct. 11 at 8:31 a.m. - SFD responded to civilian 911 reports of black smoke emanating from the rear of a residence in the area of the 400 block of east Kiernan.
Oct. 4 at 1:25 p.m. - 500+ homes targeted for smoke alarm install blitz
Sept. 19 at 3:59 p.m. - Burn restrictions end Friday, September 20
July 23 at 9:17 a.m. - Burn restrictions in effect Wednesday, July 24
July 16 at 6:15 p.m. - Spokane Fire Department Chief releases statement on recent personnel matter.
July 1 at 3:33 p.m. - With the Fourth of July holiday just a few days away, SFD reminds everyone that the sale and use of all amateur (consumer) fireworks is illegal.
June 28 at 11:46 a.m. - At approximately 2:45 a.m., crews from SFD dispatched to a reported garage fire in the 2300 block of E. Queen Ave. in northeast Spokane.
June 27 at 12:28 p.m. - With the largest 3-on-3 basketball tournament in the world just a few days away, attendees are being reminded to follow a few safety tips.
June 24 at 1:18 p.m. - Investigators with the Spokane Fire Department Special Investigation Unit say improperly disposed smoking materials are to blame for a fire at home.
June 24 at 12:16 p.m. - The cause of a fire at a duplex in North Spokane remains under investigation by the Spokane Fire Department Special Investigation Unit.
June 3 at 6:05 p.m. - Overheated electrical wiring is to blame for an attic fire that started at a South Hill home this afternoon.
June 1 at 6:16 p.m. - At 12:16 p.m., the Spokane Fire Department (SFD) was dispatched to a structure fire in the 1900 block of W. Indiana Ave.
May 24 at 2:12 p.m. - The Spokane Fire Department (SFD) was dispatched to the park adjacent to Garry Junior High (725 E Joseph) for a child stuck in a tree.
May 23 at 11:15 a.m. - The Spokane Fire Department is the proud recipient of the 2019 PulsePoint Agency of the Year Award.
May 20 at 8:40 a.m. - Three adults and one child were displaced after a fire damaged their home last evening.
May 5 at 8:35 p.m. - Just after 5 p.m., the Spokane Fire Department responded to a report of an uncontrolled cooking fire in a three-story apartment complex
May 3 at 7:05 a.m. - At approximately 1:40 a.m., the Spokane Fire Department responded to the 2300 block of E. Pacific Ave. on a report of a detached shed on fire.
May 1 at 11:12 a.m. - At 3:53 a.m., the Spokane Fire Department was dispatched to 102 N. Helena St. on a report of structure fire involving a commercial building.
April 13 at 7:58 a.m. - Women in Fire has announced its 2020 Women in Fire International Conference will be held in Spokane.
April 13 at 7:43 a.m. - Last night at approximately 6:30 p.m. the Spokane Fire Department responded to the 2300 block of E. 5th Ave. on a report of a detached shed fire.
April 8 at 1:53 p.m. - Spokane community partners together for smoke alarm and carbon monoxide installation campaign—it takes a community
April 5 at 9:31 a.m. - Spokane’s Integrated Medical Services Manager recognized for his work in stroke care
April 4 at 2:52 p.m. - The cause of a downtown apartment fire that displaced multiple residents on March 20 has been ruled accidental.
March 25 at 3:52 p.m. - At approximately 1:20 a.m. on Sunday, the Spokane Fire Department responded to the 800 block of W. 8th Ave. for a reported residence on fire.
March 25 at 3:49 p.m. - A resident was transported to an area hospital after a fire broke out in his apartment early this morning.
March 20 at 4:03 p.m. - Multiple residents were displaced and a firefighter was transported to the hospital for dehydration after a fire broke out this morning.
March 15 at 11:50 p.m. - At approximately 4:40 p.m., the Spokane Fire Department responded to the 3700 block of E. Fairview Ave. for a reported detached garage fire.
March 9 at 9:24 a.m. - With the upcoming time change, it is a great time to check your smoke alarms while changing your clocks.
March 3 at 12:59 p.m. - A firefighter suffered minor burns and a female resident was transported for smoke inhalation after a fire last evening.
March 1 at 7:10 p.m. - SFD responded to the 700 block of S. Maple St. following reports of heavy black smoke and fire coming from an apartment building.
Feb. 23 at 12:54 p.m. - At approximately 2:15 a.m. a fire at a commercial building in downtown Spokane was reported.
Feb. 22 at 1:36 p.m. - Fire investigators advise yesterday’s house fire was caused by improperly disposed oil/stain rags that spontaneously ignited.
Feb. 6 at 5:28 p.m. - A fire that damaged an East Central home in the 3200 block of N. Regal St. this morning was determined to be accidental.
Feb. 6 at 3:14 p.m. - Investigators with SFD’s Special Investigation Unit confirm this morning’s vacant house fire on W. Crown Ave. was started by a warming fire.
Feb. 6 at 12:40 p.m. - The Spokane Fire Department responded to the 3200 block of N. Regal St. around 11:30 a.m. upon the report of smoke issuing from a residence.
Jan. 24 at 9:44 a.m. - Fire investigators say a multi-bulb lamp with incandescent light bulbs placed too close to combustible materials caused an early morning fire.
Jan. 23 at 9 a.m. - Two adults and their two small dogs were displaced after an early morning house fire.
Jan. 15 at 12:24 p.m. - Fire investigators say yesterday’s fire at the Tiki Lodge was caused by a malfunctioning commercial natural gas clothes dryer
Jan. 7 at 8:27 a.m. - The North Spokane Walmart was evacuated Sunday night after several employees reported a suspicious substance on money collected.
Jan. 6 at 9:57 p.m. - At 5:47 p.m., Spokane Fire Department crews responded to the West Central neighborhood for a reported house fire.
Jan. 4 at 10:02 a.m. - Firefighters said individuals who broke into a vacant home and set up residence are to blame for yesterday’s house fire.