Fire Department News Releases for December 2019

Dec. 18

First Fatal Fire for 2019

3:11 p.m. - SFD responds to fatal fire at 6300 block of N. Lee Street.

Dec. 16

Life Threatening Carbon Monoxide Found

2:42 p.m. - Three people treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Dec. 15

Critically Burned Male Transferred To Harborview

7:27 p.m. - SFD Paramedics treat man with critical burns from a recreational vehicle (RV) fire explosion.

Fire At Spokane Addition Recovery Services

7:24 p.m. - Spokane firefighters contain fire at the Spokane Addiction Recovery Services.

Dec. 6

Natural Gas Line Struck by Workers Near Gonzaga

12:16 p.m. - SFD responded to a 911 call reporting a 1-inch natural gas line inadvertently struck by construction workers near the Gonzaga University Campus.

Carbon Monoxide Incident Prompts Evacuation

8:01 a.m. - The SFD recommends that CO detectors be installed on each floor of a residence and in, or just outside, each sleeping area.

Dec. 5

Challenging Technical Rescue this Morning

11:12 a.m. - SFD rescue was likely the most technical and challenging event faced by the team this year.

Dec. 3

Fire Stopped from Destroying Home in Eagle Ridge

4:58 p.m. - SFD responded to a residential structure fire in the 900 Block of West Basalt Ridge Drive in the Eagle Ridge neighborhood.

Quick Stop of Attic Fire on 1600 Block of East Sinto

4:57 p.m. - SFD responded to the 1600 East Block of Sinto Avenue on a report of a residential structure fire.

Dec. 2

Space Heater Safety Reminder

2:55 p.m. - SFD has some space heater safety tips for you!

Early Morning Fire on East Broad Avenue

9:25 a.m. - On Thanksgiving morning, SFD was dispatched to a fire in the 1100 Block of East Broad Avenue.