Fire Department News Releases for January 2019

Jan. 24

Light placed too close to materials caused house fire

9:44 a.m. - Fire investigators say a multi-bulb lamp with incandescent light bulbs placed too close to combustible materials caused an early morning fire.

Jan. 23

Cause of early morning house fire under investigation

9 a.m. - Two adults and their two small dogs were displaced after an early morning house fire.

Jan. 15

Malfunctioning gas dryer to blame for fire at Tiki Lodge

12:24 p.m. - Fire investigators say yesterday’s fire at the Tiki Lodge was caused by a malfunctioning commercial natural gas clothes dryer

Jan. 7

Hazmat incident prompts evacuation of Walmart

8:27 a.m. - The North Spokane Walmart was evacuated Sunday night after several employees reported a suspicious substance on money collected.

Jan. 6

Fire damages West Central home

9:57 p.m. - At 5:47 p.m., Spokane Fire Department crews responded to the West Central neighborhood for a reported house fire.

Jan. 4

Cause determined in yesterday’s vacant house fire near Government Way

10:02 a.m. - Firefighters said individuals who broke into a vacant home and set up residence are to blame for yesterday’s house fire.