North Side Travel Trailer Fire

Tour Commander, 509.625.7100

Friday, April 22, 2022 at 5:08 p.m.

Just after midnight on Friday April 22nd, the Spokane Fire Department (SFD) responded to a reported travel trailer fire on the 500 block of East Gordon Ave.

Crews from the Logan and Hillyard neighborhood fire stations arrived on scene within a few minutes to find a travel trailer fully involved with fire. The fire had extended to two other vehicles that were close by and the combined heat melted siding and cracked windows on a near-by home. An aggressive attack on the fire prevented it from spreading into the home and resulted in full extinguishment within a few minutes of arrival.

A complete search of the trailer found no one inside. There were no injuries to firefighters or civilians. The incident remains under investigation by the SFD Special Investigations Unit.

Educational Message for Media:

Ensure that all space heaters are kept at least 3 feet away from any material that can burn. Children and pets should be kept at least 3 feet away from space heaters and open fires. Portable space heaters should be turned off when you leave the room or the house, and when you go to sleep. Be sure to keep portable space heaters on a solid, flat surface. They should be kept out of doorways or high traffic areas of the home. Portable space heaters should be plugged directly into wall outlets. Do not use extension cords or power strips to power space heaters, as this could cause the cords to overheat and become a fire hazard.