Construction to Start on the Ray/Thor/Freya Project
Jessica Fisher, Business and Developer Services, No Phone Number Available
Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 2:46 p.m.
One of the city's biggest construction projects this summer is the Ray/Thor/Freya project in the Lincoln Heights neighborhood. The project will include pedestrian improvements such as updates to ADA curb ramps, sidewalk installation and minor curb and sidewalk repairs. Pipe crossing will be installed at Thor Street and 8th Avenue and at Freya Street and 8th Avenue. The Ray/Thor/Freya project also includes grind and overlay on Ray Street from 17th to 29th Avenue.
Scope of work
- Full depth patching where needed
- Taper and grind to improve cross-slope and storm water flow
- Crack sealing
- 2-inch overlay
- Extended concrete paving uphill at 17th to 18th Avenue
- Upgrades to ADA ramps
- Minor curb and sidewalk repairs
- Construction will be completed in phases
- Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times
- Traffic will always be on paved surfaces
Project schedule (June to the end of October)
- Late June to Early July- 44th Ave. and Freya St. pedestrian improvements
- Early July- pipe crossing at Thor St. and 8th Ave.
- Lane restrictions and one full closure over one weekend with flaggers on Freya
- July to Early August- Pipe crossing at Freya St. and 8th Ave.
- Freya St. closure with detour onto Ray/Thor
- Mid-August to October- Ray St. grind and overlay from 17th to 29th
- Lane restrictions
- Mid-October- flagging on Freya near Congress for sidewalk installation
Other projects in the area
If you have any questions or concerns contact Julie Happy, Communication Manager of Business and Developer Services at email@example.com, or leave a comment below.