Lincoln/Monroe Corridor Construction
Jessica Fisher, Business and Developer Services, No Phone Number Available
Friday, September 16, 2016 at 11:57 a.m.
Big things are happening for the Lincoln/Monroe corridor! Here is what to expect in the upcoming week:
- Crews will begin paving the east side of Lincoln and Monroe Street from Sprague Avenue to 2nd Avenue starting at 7 a.m. Saturday, September 17.
- Depending on the paving progress the intersections of 1st Avenue and Monroe Street and 1st Avenue and Lincoln Street will be fully closed Saturday, September 17 from approximately 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- First Avenue will be closed at the Lincoln Street intersection Monday, September 19, 7 – 11 a.m. for work in the center of the intersection and pipe connections. Lincoln Street at 1st Avenue will have a single lane open.
- First Avenue will be closed at the Monroe intersection Monday, September 19, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. with a single lane open for local access only.
- Friday, September 23, 7 – 11 a.m. the east side of Riverside Avenue and Monroe Street will close. City water crews will be doing fire hydrant tie-ins.
- Additional paving on the east side of Lincoln Street and Monroe Street is scheduled for Wednesday, September 28.
In addition, storm work will take place on Lincoln Street near Riverside Avenue. Crews will be installing curbs and sidewalks on parts of Monroe, Sprague and Lincoln. Private utilities, Power City will be doing electrical work all week on Lincoln Street.
Construction crews and private utility companies have been working hard to replace the aging infrastructure in this corridor. The last time this area was fully rebuilt was over 50 years ago.
Work on the Lincoln/Monroe corridor is scheduled to last into November, weather permitting. We encourage citizens to utilize businesses along the Lincoln/Monroe corridor; they need and want your business.