SPD Celebrates Halloween with Safe Trick-or-Treat Opportunities for Kids
Ofc. Teresa Fuller, 509.209.7188
Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 6:31 a.m.
The Spokane Police Department is celebrating Halloween by handing out candy at two safe trick-or-treat locations on Friday, October 31, 2014.
- Spokane Police officers will be in the River Park Square atrium handing out candy from 4 to 6:30 p.m.
- Spokane Police officers, along with a new patrol car, will also be handing out candy outside Northtown Mall from 6 to 9 p.m.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors
- Since masks can sometimes obstruct a child's vision, try non-toxic face paint and makeup whenever possible
- Have kids use glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers
- If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, remind them to stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups
- Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours
- When selecting a costume make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls. – See more at www.safekids.org/halloween