Spokane Domestic Violence End the Silence Town Hall

Michele Anderson, Public Safety Communications Manager

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 4:59 p.m.

A community conversation about the epidemic of domestic violence will be held on Thursday, May 17 at the Eastern Washington University, Riverpoint Campus. All community members are encouraged to attend the free event (RSVPs are suggested).

The Spokane Domestic Violence End the Silence Town Hall will provide attendees the opportunity to have an open dialogue about domestic violence in Spokane, hear from professionals addressing this important issue, ask questions and discuss problem solving suggestions.

The evening will include a panel of experts from the YWCA Spokane, Spokane Regional Domestic Violence Coalition, Spokane Regional Health District, Spokane County District Court, City of Spokane Prosecutor’s Office, Spokane County Sheriff’s Office, Washington State Department of Corrections, Spokane Police Department and a survivor of a 16 year domestic violence relationship.

Someone you know has been victim to domestic violence. One in three women and one in four men will experience intimate partner abuse. The cost of domestic violence nationally exceeds $8.3 billion per year. The impact on our legal system, schools, and community is undeniable. This is a conversation we cannot afford not to have.

When: May 17, 2018 from 5 to 8 p.m.
(submit questions and enjoy refreshments from 5 to 6 p.m. with the Town hall from 6 to 8 p.m.)

Where: Eastern Washington University, Riverpoint Campus – Room 122 auditorium
(668 N. Riverpoint Blvd.)

Miscellaneous: RSVP at ywcaspokane.org/event/dvtownhall

The free event is made possible from the generous sponsorship of the Spokane Regional Domestic Violence Coalition, the Spokane Regional Health District, the YWCA Spokane and Eastern Washington University.

The End The Silence campaign goal is to let survivors know they are not alone, stop victim blaming, normalize conversations about what a healthy relationship looks like, debunk myths, spread awareness about the realities of DV, and ask the community to stand alongside victims and survivors as safe allies. Learn more at www.ywcaspokane.org.

Contact Police

For in progress crimes and emergencies call 911

To report a non-emergent crime contact:

To provide crime activity or suspect information that doesn't require immediate action contact:

For general police email contact:
eraspdweb@spokanepolice.org

For nuisance reports, including code violations (i.e. illegal camping, substantial litter in yards or alleys, graffiti, land use violations), parking complaints, and road condition issues contact:

Media Relations Contact

Julie Humphreys
509.622.5868
jhumphreys@spokanepolice.org