Marriage Ceremony FAQs

May a judge marry us?

Spokane Municipal Court judicial officers are empowered to perform marriage ceremonies under the laws of the State of Washington. Marriage ceremonies are performed at the courthouse on weekdays, Monday through Friday, with a check-in time of 4:45 p.m. Please submit your Marriage Ceremony Request online no earlier than eight weeks in advance of the date of your ceremony. You will receive an email confirmation in 1-2 business days with directions to confirm your request.

Where do I apply for a marriage license?

The Spokane Municipal Court does not provide marriage licenses. For a marriage license, visit the Spokane County Recorder's Office or call 509.477.2271

Where do I go to change my name?

The Spokane Municipal Court does not handle name changes. For information on changing your name, visit the Spokane County Recorder's Office or call 509.477.2271

Does the Court allow photography prior to or after the marriage ceremony?

Photos may be taken at the courthouse 30 minutes prior to check-in and during the ceremony. We cannot accommodate time for photos after the ceremony.

eFiling Requires Case Association and Login. Learn more.

Contact Information

Municipal Court Clerk's Office
1100 W Mallon Ave
Spokane, WA 99260

Audio Recordings

Most of the hearings held in Spokane Municipal Court are digitally recorded. To access the audio recording for a specific hearing:

  • Click on the Search Recordings link below.
  • Click on the filter icon
  • Under "Filter By Agency:" you must search City of Spokane, WA Municipal Court
  • Clink on the docket and the recording will begin playing.

Related Links

Bench Copies

To serve bench copies to a Judicial Officer please email:
Jeanine Sword
Judicial Administrative Assistant

Please ensure compliance with SPMCrRLJ 8.2(d).