Berry Go Round Opens on Memorial Day in Riverfront
Skate Ribbon Open for Roller Skating and Scooters
Riverfront: 509.625.6600. Media: Fianna Dickson, 509.625.6297.
Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 10:08 a.m.
The Berry Go Round spins again! The ride will temporarily return to Riverfront on Memorial Day, May 28 and remain open for several weeks or a few months, depending on popularity.
The Park Board voted to keep two amusement rides – the Berry Go Round and the Spider – from the former amusement section of the park.
The Skate Ribbon will remain open for roller skating all summer long. It’s one of many summer activities happening on the south bank of Riverfront.
Memorial Day weekend activities
- Sunday, May 27: Sunday Funday with free Parkour lessons, crafts with Tomato Street, and sidewalk games from 1-3pm.
- Monday, May 28: enjoy Magical Mondays with a free magic show at 4pm at the Skate Ribbon and $1 hot dogs all day from the Sky Ribbon Cafe. The Berry Go Round will start spinning at 11am.
- Tuesday, May 29, get your Jazzercise on with a free class at 5:30pm sponsored by Athleta.
Berry Go Round
- Rides: $2
- Hours: 11am – 7pm beginning Monday, May 28
- Location: the pond portion of the Skate Ribbon
- Admission: free
- Hours: Available to use during all park hours, 5am - midnight
- Gear: Bring your own roller skates, in-line skates, toddler scoot bikes, non-motorized scooters, or skateboards - or rent roller skates or scooters from Riverfront
- Rental hours & prices:
- Rental hours: 11am – 7pm (rental counter may close during rain)
- Roller skate rental: $6.50/hr (includes tax)
- Scooter rental: $8.50/hr (includes tax)
Sky Ribbon Café
- Rides: $2 (children under 2 free with paid adult)
- Hours: 10am – 7pm