Update: Investigation continues in deputy involved shooting
Monique Cotton, Public Information & Communication Director, 509.363.8285
Thursday, February 13, 2014 at Midnight
Incident Number: 14-044643
The Spokane Investigative Regional Response Team (SIRR Team) continues to investigate the deputy involved shooting that occurred on the night of February 11, 2014.
New information is as follows:
- Investigators have finished processing the scene (at the intersection of Indiana and Sullivan) and collected evidence at the location.
- The identity of the deceased individual has been released by the Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office. He is identified as 23-year-old Jedadiah Zillmer.
- Zillmer was holding one gun at the time of the shooting. Two additional weapons were located on his person. Additionally Zillmer was wearing a ballistic-style vest.
- Six deputies fired their service weapons during the incident. Multiple other law enforcement officers from various agencies witnessed the incident.
- Several weapons were visible within Zillmer’s vehicle. A search of the vehicle will be completed in the coming days.
- Detectives are in the process of interviewing involved deputies and other witnesses.
- Investigators are asking that anyone who witnessed the incident or has additional information to contact Crime Check at 509.456.2233
- The Spokane Police Department is the managing agency in this incident. All future communications on this incident will be sent out via the SIRR Team.
- The Spokane County Sheriff’s Office will release the names of the deputies involved in this incident.
- Once the SIRR Team investigation is complete the case will be forwarded to the Spokane County Prosecutor’s Office for review.