MCU Death Investigation

Sgt. Terry Preuninger, PIO

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.

Update in the Spokane Police Department’s Major Crimes Unit Death Investigation of Richard “Ricky” Coffee. (See Previous Press Release below).

Detectives are looking for any information regarding a contact Richard Coffee had at the Wal-Mart located at 9212 N. Colton on the 11th of May. This was the last place Richard was observed alive. At that time surveillance video of the Walmart parking lot showed he spoke with a man who arrived in a pickup truck. During the contact between Richard and the unknown male in the pickup, there was a verbal exchange between them over the head lights of the truck shining on Richard.

The man captured in the surveillance footage is not a suspect or a person of interest in the case. However, there is a chance he could shed light on Richard Coffee’s original disappearance. The Major Crimes Unit would like the public’s assistance in locating this man and would also appreciate any information that could lead to details about Richard’s disappearance or death.

*** Previous release from 05-17-2019***

The Spokane Police Department Major Crimes Unit is looking into the disappearance of a 56 year old Spokane man. They are asking for your help in locating him or discovering what led to his disappearance.

Richard “Ricky” G. Coffee is a 56 year old white male. He is 6’6 inches tall and weighs approximately 215 pounds. He has Blonde / Gray hair and Green eyes. Richard was last known to be wearing a short sleeve button up shirt and jeans. He was last heard from on the 11th of May at about 9:00 pm and was last known to be in the area of the Wal-Mart located at 9212 N. Colton.

Anyone with any information regarding Richard’s whereabouts or any information regarding his activities in the hours or days prior to his disappearance is asked to call crime check 456.2233. The information provided will be passed on to the Spokane Major Crimes Unit.

Richard is pictured below.

Contact Police

Media Relations Contact

Officer Steve Anderson