Space Heater Safety Reminder
Tour Commander, 509.625.7100
Monday, December 2, 2019 at 2:55 p.m.
If you add an extra layer of warmth to a room by using a space heater, here are a few reminders:
- Space heaters aren’t necessarily dangerous. It’s the way we use them that’s the problem.
- Keep anything combustible at least three feet from space heaters.
- Plug them directly into the wall, not an extension cord.
- Turn off and unplug space heaters before you go to bed or leave the room.
- Don’t throw items like mittens, hats or scarves on a space heater to dry them.