SPMCrRLJ 3.1 Assignment of Counsel
(d) Assignment of Lawyer.
- (1)(a) A determination of financial eligibility is valid for one hundred eighty (180) days, so long as the Defendant's financial circumstances have not materially changed.
(e) Withdrawal of Public Defender. Unless a Notice of Appeal has been filed, an attorney appointed at public expense shall be deemed automatically withdrawn from representation of the Defendant on any given case as follows:
- (1) Immediately upon the entry of an order dismissing all counts associated with the case.
- (2) For cases not assigned to a therapeutic or problem solving court docket at the time a final decision is entered by the Court on each count associated with the case, sixty (60) days following the final decision of the Court.
- (3) All automatic withdrawals under the provisions of this rule shall be effective without any requirement that the withdrawing attorney appointed at public expense file a Notice of Intent to Withdraw with the Court.
- (4) A "final decision" includes the Court's entry of an Order of Dismissal, judgment of "not guilty," judgment of "guilty," finding the defendant not competent to stand trial, an Order Granting Deferred Prosecution, a Stipulated Order of Continuance, or any other similar disposition.
(Adopted Jan. 2, 2009; amended effective Sept. 1, 2011; amended effective Sept. 1, 2017; amended effective Sept. 1, 2021)
eFiling Requires Case Association and Login. Learn more.
Municipal Court Clerk's Office
1100 W Mallon Ave
Spokane, WA 99260
Most of the hearings held in Spokane Municipal Court are digitally recorded. To access the audio recording for a specific hearing:
- Click on the Search Recordings link below.
- Click on the filter icon
- Under "Filter By Agency:" you must search City of Spokane, WA Municipal Court
- Clink on the docket and the recording will begin playing.
To serve bench copies to a Judicial Officer please email:
Judicial Administrative Assistant
Please ensure compliance with SPMCrRLJ 8.2(d).