Sports complex field staff have until 3:00 pm on game day to make the call on whether the fields will be playable. If you do not receive an email or a text message from Athletic Admin Staff at or before 3:00 pm the day of your games. The fields are deemed playable by field staff and it will then be a game time decision made by your fields umpire or official. Please check with your team manager prior to contacting our office directly. We will do our best to give you as much notice as possible if we do cancel prior to our internal 3:00 pm deadline.
Play With Us!
The City of Spokane Parks and Recreation Department (SPRD) invites you to play in our Adult Softball Program with divisions for all skill levels. We continue to re-energize the softball community season after season, by offering improved leagues – on the region's best fields – with a fair and affordable registration fee structure.
Spring, Summer, and Fall Seasons
SPRD offers a variety of divisions including Men's B, C, & D divisions, Women's open division, Coed C, D, & E division, and Masters 60's. Play double-header games at the Dwight Merkel Sports Complex, 5701 N. Assembly or Franklin Park Softball Complex, 302 W. Queen Ave.
Due to the Governor's extension of the Stay Home Stay Healthy order, Softball cannot resume until Spokane county moves into Phase 3. We hope to get a league started this fall if we are able to enter Phase 3 in time. Thank you for your patience and we hope to see you all soon!
NEW Softball Free Agents
7 weeks Ages |18+ Want to get in the game but don't have a team? Sign up as a softball free agent and based on availability, skill level, and need of the league you'll be placed on a team of other free agents. We have a league and night of play for everyone from someone just starting out to the fiercest competitors. Don't stay on the bench, jump into the game with SPRD this season. Games played at Dwight Merkel Sports Complex, 5701 N. Assembly or Franklin Park Softball Complex, 302 W. Queen Ave. Games start times vary based on the number of teams in each division. 6:15pm and 8:45pm are the standard times for a double header set.
- Pay the corresponding registration fee on this website or call 509.755.2489.
Registration fees are not refundable once the league schedule is posted online.
- Enroll your Team Roster at www.spokanesportsleagues.com. Make sure all players' information is accurate and correct. The Team Captain is responsible for updating the Team Roster whenever a new player is added to the team.
- Submit a Waiver of Liability with signatures of all players to the League Supervisor before the first game. Team Captain is responsible for updating the Waiver of Liability whenever a new player is added to the team.
- Team Captain must sign and submit Player Code of Conduct to the League Supervisor before the first game. Captains are expected to inform players about league conduct expectations.
- SPRD provides scorebooks, a dozen softballs per team ( coed gets six men and six women ), lineup cards
- Provided equipment must be picked up at equipment & managers meeting for that season. See receipt for details.
- Game time runs for 1 hr 15 min Double header start times are either 6:15 pm or 8:45pm depending on the size of the league that season.
- Spring, Summer, & Fall Seasons 7 weeks 13 game guarantee with 12 regular season games
- Bat testing – please see Special Rules for details
- Team Roster must be updated throughout the season and must reflect the lineup on the field.
- All team management happens on our league management site. Please visit spokanesportsleauges.com to manage your roster. All players must be enrolled to be legal players.
SPRD following divisions in Softball:
- Men's B: All players in this division have played college or high school softball/baseball. This division is typically for competitive traveling teams.
- Men's C / Coed C: Competitive. Typically players who played varsity softball/baseball in high school or college or have several years of experience performing recreational softball. Most players can hit home runs, have speed on the bases and out in the field. Errors are limited on defense, usually few overthrows or missed plays, such as a pop fly not being caught. Base runners are very aggressive and persistent on the bases. Players are fundamentally sound on both defense and offense.
- Men's D / Coed D: Semi-Competitive Division. Our most popular league. Players in this league have some experience playing at the high-school level or have experience playing recreational softball. Have a few players that can hit home runs, have semi-aggressive defense and baserunners, but not all players have a high skill level. Looking to play for the enjoyment of the game.
- Coed E: Recreational/Beginner Division. Players are still learning the game and have little experience in softball/baseball, but play for the enjoyment of the game. These teams are rarely aggressive on the base paths and usually the best league for those teams that will be playing in their 1st season. This division will use an alternative home-plate.
- Women's: Only one division with all levels.
- Masters 50's Senior Softball: Men or women becoming 50 this year, and up.
- Masters 60's Senior Softball: Men or women becoming 60 this year, and up.
SPRD offers several tournaments every year. Find more information about our tournaments